With around 75,000 miles, I started getting some excessive oil around the valve cover base. I had a full blown oil leak where the valve cover protects the spark plug galleys from getting any oil in them. This made for a couple of oily plugs which does not work out to well for performance. The install went pretty straight forward, while I was in there, I also removed the Exhaust Manifold and did some minor gasket match porting on the head and exhaust manifold.
The minor port work I did had some surprising results. There is a “test turn” which I would normally take around 65 as that’s all the car could really muster. After the porting, I am through third, into fourth and find myself lifting as 75 is a little too fast for this turn.
Check out the slide show and enjoy the sounds of Blap Blap by Vegas DJ Dert Cheep.